Mental Health Expert.
Book Me As A Speaker
Laura is a sought-after mental health expert, speaker, podcast guest and media contributor. She is available for workshops, seminars, speaker events, podcasts, and press requests for Radio, TV and magazine and newspaper interviews.
- BABCP Accredited Psychotherapist (CBT, EMDR)
- Maternal Mental Health Coach
Laura has been featured in Marie Claire, Stylist, The Guardian, The Evening Standard and local publications. She is a guest expert in the online wellness, parenting and community platforms FLY Mama, Peanut, JAAQ, and Your Little Village. Laura has been interviewed on podcasts including: How to Live Slow, Business Fixer Podcast and The Mother’s Hood Podcast.
In The News
- OK Magazine - I Always Wanted To Be A Mum Happened, It Completely Broke Me
- Marie Claire - How To Be Happy
- Stylist - Eggshell Parents
- Stylist - What is career fatigue and how to deal with it?
- The Guardian - Spring-clean your life! 20 ways to discard the emotional baggage that’s holding you back
- Artefact Magazine - Post-traumatic growth: 'The pandemic inspired a new breed of grievance'
- Evening Standard‘ - I dumped all of my friends — and I deeply regret it now’
- Huddersfield Unlimited - Interviewing Psychotherapist and Mental Health Coach
- Huddersfield Hub - Why I Work in .... Laura Greenwood, psychotherapist
- The Drum - OOH Campaign From Peanut Tackles The Complexities Of Mother’s Day
- Mashable - Mothers are lonely right now, according to friendship app Peanut
- The Stack World - Discover The App Supporting Women Through The Emotional Triggers Of Mother’s Day
- HR Grapevine - Is it OK for Staff to Show Emotion in the Workplace?
- Honest Mum - 6 Steps to Finding Your True Self
- Motherhood The Real Deal - The Harsh Reality Faed by School Mums
- Business Mondays - Accredited Psychotherapist And Maternal Mental Health Coach Launches Online Course To Help Mothers’ Mental Health
- Get Me Giddy - The Importance of Prioritizing Maternal and Reproductive Health
Interview Themes and Topics
This is not an exhaustive list of topics. Please contact us to discuss your personal requirements and we can arrange a bespoke experience to suit you and your needs.
Perinatal Mental Health
- What is Maternal Anxiety?
- The common experience of Anxiety in Motherhood.
- What are intrusive thoughts in Motherhood and how to deal with them.
- When the need for control, gets out of control.
- Baby blues vs Matrescence vs Postnatal Depletion vs Postnatal Depression.
- How the knowledge of Matrescence, and the natural experience of Motherhood, could be how we reduce the rates of perinatal mental health conditions.
- Mum Guilt: whilst guilt is a normal human emotion, guilt in Motherhood is fuelled by a much more complex system of experiences.
- Maternal Anger and Mum Rage.
- Why do I feel so Angry?
- Matrescence. Finding your true self, through Motherhood.
- How to find your calm, amongst the chaos.
Trauma but more than you know it! We have all experienced trauma…it lives inside all of us and the patterns of thinking, feeling, and responding that often do not work for us. Understanding these patterns and where they come from is the first step towards change.
Grief is more than the loss of a person. It is a loss of a life lived before. Loss of a dream different from reality.
Grief is a complex balance of allowing space for all feelings and learning to live a valued life even though grief is now part of it.
Depression & Low Mood
- What is depression and how does it differ from sadness?
- How can we move towards living a life of joy, peace, and contentment?
- Steps towards living a valued, soul-aligned life.
- Tips for when the need for control, gets out of control.
- How to feel the fear and do it anyway.
- The concept that growth exists outside of your comfort zone.
- Fear is often an illusion that we think keeps us safe. It isn’t until we step into the fear, do we realise that we were safe all along.
The balancing act: how to balance your stress and coping responses.
People pleasing and perfectionism, the two P’s which can be a recipe for burnout.
Low Self Esteem
- Where does low self-esteem come from and how can we overcome it?
- How to move from the self-critic to self-compassion, and self-love.
- How to find your true self, outside of your early life conditioning.
- How to understand that you are more than the roles you play.
- How to step into self-confidence and self-love.
- How to OWN your greatness.
- Why the world needs more people like you stepping into your unique blend of extraordinary.
Any questions, need help, reach out today
Supporting you to live your best life
Any questions at all please feel free to get in touch, I'm happy to help.